Re: [tlug] CJK Printing from Web Browsers in Debian 3.3.2

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:23:28 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> Thanks. Haven't done any coding for the Mac at that high a level...
> wrote some 68k assembly back in the day,

I also did a fair amount of 68k work. I wrote most of the diagnostic
software I used to troubleshoot Atari ST machines.

> and then wrote some PowerPC assemly in uni,

That was after my time. I pretty much dropped out of those circles in
the early 90s, just before the PPC-based Macs came of age.

> but newline conventions don't matter terribly much when issuing
> instructions to a CPU. :)

True. But is does matter when you code low-level I/O routines that read
stuff from disks, serial ports etc.

> > Always makes text editing that much easier...
>
> Which is why I am happy that regex engines provide ^ and $

So, they automagically recognize the line-end convention, then? I've
never really thought about it since most (all?) of the stuff I do that
uses regexes is purely Unix with no DOS or Mac stuff to worry about.

While I think of it, MacOS-X is Unix-based but Mac nonetheless. What's
the EOL for that system?

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead
rabbits on the highway?