[tlug] Alternative to Putty (was Upgrading to PHP5 on Fedora)

Dave M G wrote:

> ... I'm using Putty to log in, but it's kind of limited in
> giving me the ability to do things like copy and paste from my terminal.
> Anyone have a better recommendation?

Putty is the best ssh client I know of for Windows.
However Windows' ability to cut and paste is rather feeble.

Other workarounds are to run a live-CD version of Linux,
such as Knoppix on your Windows box, or to run Linux _within_
windows, such as colinux, or to use a better ssh client from
the Cygwin stuff.

> I know I could probably telnet in from a simple command prompt,

You can do telnet in Putty, but absolutely do not use telnet
for logging in and executing commands because it is completey insecure.

These days, telnet should be used only for testing insecure protocols,
such as with:

   [jim@example.com jim]$ telnet tlug.jp 25

Introduce yourself and say helo. :-)