Re: [tlug] Upgrading to PHP5 on Fedora

Stephen, Keith,

Thank you for your helpful advice.

I think I've worked out that what I need to get for a complete upgrade to PHP Version 5.1.2 on my hosting service's machine are RPMs for php-devel, php-pear, php-mysql, php-gd, and, of course, php itself.

But, and I'm sure this seems like a ridiculously simple question that I should be able to find with a web search, where the heck can I get these RPMs?

The PHP main site only offers source, putting "PHP5 RPM download" into Google gets me a bunch of people's descriptions of how they installed PHP on their particular system without much helpful links to where they got their RPMs (and a lot of them just used yum, which, as it turns out, I don't even have on my host server), and places like Fresh RPMS where packages are listed by linux version, and so there's no RPM for PHP5 on Fedora 1.

I must be doing something wrong (again). Where the heck are the RPMs for PHP?

--
Dave M G