Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 06:54:25 +0100
- From: Martin Baehr <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20050308024036.GX28606@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 12:29:30AM -0500, Viktor Pavlenko wrote: > MB> curious to try things like plan9 or hurd, but unfortunately i > MB> don't have any spare hardware to do so. > I told a co-worker about Plan9, and he got the vmware image running in > half an hour (My point is you don't need additional hardware to try it). i'd need at least more ram, and likely more cpu for that, possibly also diskspace, which is just a variation of needing more hardware. to really try an operating system it needs to run constantly while working so that you can test the feasability of doing certain tasks in it, while sticking to the old one where the new one does not work yet. this is the same kind of transition problem many people have with switching from windows to linux. greetings, martin. -- cooperative communication with sTeam - caudium, pike, roxen and unix offering: programming, training and administration - anywhere in the world -- pike programmer travelling and working in europe open-steam.org unix system- bahai.or.at iaeste.(tuwien.ac|or).at administrator (caudium|gotpike).org is.schon.org Martin Bähr http://www.iaeste.or.at/~mbaehr/
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Asterik in Japan
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links