Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 12:29:30AM -0500, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
>     MB> curious to try things like plan9 or hurd, but unfortunately i
>     MB> don't have any spare hardware to do so.
> I told a co-worker about Plan9, and he got the vmware image running in
> half an hour (My point is you don't need additional hardware to try it).

i'd need at least more ram, and likely more cpu for that, possibly also
diskspace, which is just a variation of needing more hardware.

to really try an operating system it needs to run constantly while
working so that you can test the feasability of doing certain tasks in
it, while sticking to the old one where the new one does not work yet.

this is the same kind of transition problem many people have with
switching from windows to linux.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world