Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Peeling onions.
- Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:20:01 +0900
- From: Uva Coder <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Peeling onions.
It seems to me that during the early days Linux used GNU utilities a way to save time in developing the utilities themselves. Since then, Linux development has been heavily influenced by GNU. I wonder what other possibilities are available if GNU was dropped and we started with new compilers and used different tools/utilities? I imagine that folks would just make the same tools/utilities that they have always used without thinking about new ideas. It seems to me that the GNU way of doing things restricts Linux kernel development to some extent. -uva
- Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Re: Alan Cox's remark at Fosdem
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] "done one job and do it well" mailer [was: Alan Cox's remark at Fosdem]
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Replacing Cybozu
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links