Several east-asian languages on one box was: Re: [tlug] New InputMethod in Fedora Core 2?

Hi!
In some month I will begin study in addition Chinese Sciences, therefore
learning Chinese as well. My question on the whole thing is:
How does it in Linux function to use two east-asian-languages on one
box? In Mac OS X and Windows it's no problem but I do not want to use
one of them so how do you do it? With one language it's not that problem
(used several versions of the German variant of SuSE) but with two I
cannot exactly imagine how to do it.
I read the mails before one said he is using two computers, one is
saying logging out changing locales logging in when i correctly remember.
What are the options and the ways to them?

Greetings

Niels