[tlug] New Input Method in Fedora Core 2?

I was talking to my friend Paul Gampe who used to run the old TWICS
systems, but is now running development for Red Hat APAC.

Anyway, Paul was telling me about the change in the input method away
from Xinput to something that allows multi-byte character changes on
the fly.

http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/issue7.shtml

Evidently, you can put Chinese, Korean, and Japanese in the same text
without having to login again and change the locale setting.

I haven't played around with this yet.  Does anyone have an opinion as
to whether the new input method is an improvement or not?