Re: [tlug] Re: Fwd: Re: Suse blues-progress?

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:21:56 +0900 (JST)
"paul arenson" <paul@example.com> wrote:

> usen-221x242x10x37 name...This was established (detected?)  by Suse

> I wonder if that has anything
> to do with my problems. (In gnome it tells me to add that name to a file
> since gnome sayus it cannot connect, but then I type TRY ANYWAY and it
> works In KDE it just works).

I suggest you change your system to have a sane hostname, e.g.:

# cat /etc/hostname
mybox

# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       mybox
127.0.0.1       localhost localhost.localdomain

Then try `ping mybox` to see if it went okay.

This way programs trying to resolve your machine's hostname won't
hang/time-out like gnome does and it might solve your canna problems as
well.