Re: [tlug] Re: top posting (was: RHCE preparation)

On Thursday 11 March 2004 02:57, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth Shawn (Wed 2004-03-10 08:36:42AM +0900):
> > About the need to trim, I agree that it should be done so people don't
> > scan through a bunch of crap looking to see if there is anything else of
> > importance coming later.
>
> Yes, and it wastes bandwidth. Which is not an issue for many of us, thanks
> to fat pipes connecting us to the Internet, but some of us may have to pay
> per packet for our connectivity or want to view our mail on a really low-
> bandwidth device, like a keitai or handheld.

Personally, I find trimming most important when searching after the fact. It's
very annoying to look for information about a subject and get results that
only have a mention the subject 10 messages ago and are actually about
something completely different.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs