Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Font Sizes in (X)emacs
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Font Sizes in (X)emacs
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 26 Mar 2002 14:48:54 +0900
- Cc: Charles Muller <email@example.com>
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: The XEmacs Project
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
- Sender: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) XEmacs/21.4 (Common Lisp)
>>>>> "Charles" == Charles Muller <email@example.com> writes: Charles> Options >> Font Size Charles> and chooses a larger font, what one gets (or at least, Charles> what I get) is not a change in the size of my document Charles> font, but the font on the tab at the top of the document Charles> that gives the file/buffer name. Doesn't this seem odd to Charles> you? I does to me. This is _not_ what you said before. You said that when you change the font size, XEmacs forgets from session to session. Now you're saying the font size doesn't change at all. This would happen if the "document font" is not an ISO-8859 font. I can tell you how to change the font size for Asian fonts, etc, but it can't be done through the menus yet. Charles> But aside from that, if you are bothered by "people who Charles> think like me", No, people don't bother me. Bugs do. That was the first report I've seen in years of not being able to save face settings. "Save Options" is right there on the same menu with "Font Size", and it works, for those fonts that the menu knows how to change sizes for. So I wanted to know how you think so we can not only document this particular thing correctly, but maybe fix other similarly misdocumented features. Charles> are enough lists out there where I can get information Charles> without being insulted or derided, by immature persons, Who derided anybody? "Insult is taken, not given." You would seem to be highly skilled at finding insult where none was intended. -- Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp University of Tsukuba Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN Don't ask how you can "do" free software business; ask what your business can "do for" free software.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] CD Drive funnies
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] CD Drive funnies
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Font Sizes in (X)emacs
- Next by thread: [tlug] broken cron?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links