Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] UNIX backup solution
- To: email@example.com, wamlug <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] UNIX backup solution
- From: Josh Glover <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:14:33 -0500
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.8) Gecko/20020212
I was looking around for a better backup solution than tape, and it struck me that USB might fit the bill. What I need is some removeable media device with 20 gb capacity. I was orginally leaning toward removeable IDE or SCSI, but they would have to be hotswappable, as well. So that made me think of USB. A few 20 gb USB hard drives would seem to fit the bill. They are relatively inexpensive, hotswappable, and could be taken offsite. Any comments? Anybody using USB hard drives with Linux and have a recommendation? -- Josh Glover <firstname.lastname@example.org> Computer Science Undergrad "No segfault, no problem!"
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] epcEditor
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] UNIX backup solution
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Looking For Free SMTP/POP Account,Any Suggestions?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] UNIX backup solution
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links