[tlug] UNIX backup solution

I was looking around for a better backup solution than tape, and it
struck me that USB might fit the bill. What I need is some removeable
media device with 20 gb capacity. I was orginally leaning toward
removeable IDE or SCSI, but they would have to be hotswappable, as well.
So that made me think of USB. A few 20 gb USB hard drives would seem to
fit the bill. They are relatively inexpensive, hotswappable, and could
be taken offsite.

Any comments? Anybody using USB hard drives with Linux and have a
recommendation?

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Computer Science Undergrad