Re: [tlug] UNIX backup solution

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 06:14:33PM -0500, Josh Glover wrote:
> I was looking around for a better backup solution than tape, and it
[...]
> media device with 20 gb capacity. I was orginally leaning toward
> removeable IDE or SCSI, but they would have to be hotswappable, as well.

At the demo session last Saturday, I booted Linux to memory,
ripped the laptop's (only) hard disk out of the IDE slot,
carried on running the OS, then reinserted the drive and
mounted it.  I've done this numerous times, and haven't had
the system hang yet.  This was with zero devices on the
controller.  Your mileage may vary.

Frank Bennett