Re: [tlug] PATH statement and running executables

Charles Muller wrote:

> BOTi wrote:
>
> > does it actually set it?
> > Try `echo $PATH`
>
> No, it doesn't.

Then your distro is setting this elswhere, you could try .profile or
.bashrc
I wish this would be standard in linux because it drives me crazy also.

> I've opened up every .bashrc, bash_profile, bashrc, and
> profile file that I can locate

obviously you didn't locate enough of them.
I usually use mc for this. Go to /etc and from the command menu select
"Find". Then put PATH in the content field. It should bring up a list of
files. Do what you wish to do them, then repeat the procedure with your
$HOME.

--
B0Ti.