Re: [tlug] PATH statement and running executables

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 19:47, BOTi wrote:

> You have a couple of choices how you can solve this.
> Add the lines
> PATH=$PATH:$PATH_TO_SOFFICE_BIN
> export PATH
> to your $HOME/.bash_profile

I guess I am still doing something a bit wrong here. I still can't get
it to run from my own directory. I have the following in the
.bash_profile in /home/chuck. Any further ideas?

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
	. ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

alias soffice /home/chuck/OpenOffice.org641/soffice

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$HOME/chuck/OpenOffice.org641

export PATH
unset USERNAME

Chuck

--

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJK-English Dictionary
www.acmuller.net