Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- From: Shigeo Honda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:55:59 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
- In-reply-to: <20020129172226.4EFC.DARRENJ@example.com>
- References: <20020129172226.4EFC.DARRENJ@example.com>
hi, Mandrake Linux server handles samaba and netatalk in my office and works fine. More info on netatalk, http://freshmeat.net/projects/netatalk/ for using Japanese characters, set smb.conf to # language coding coding system = cap client code page = 932 You can share Japanese file names on both Windows and MacOS, however there are some limitation, some kanji-characters don't work but I don't know details. And don't use hankaku-katakana for file names. -- Shigeo Honda -- email@example.com
- [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- Next by Date: [tlug] Bash syntax question
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- Next by thread: [tlug] mouse driver , ncurses
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links