[tlug] Linux file server for Macs?

I'm planning a linux/samba file server (*) for a mixed network of
windows and Macs. Are there any issues I need to be aware of? Both the
Mac and Windows users will be using Japanese filenames some of the time.

In particular the Mac users are complaining that the current NT file
server occasionally loses one of their files. I don't want that to be
happening with the new server.

Darren

*: Probably RH 7.2, with Japanese chosen as default language, if that
matters.