Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- From: "BABA, Yoshihiko" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:05:13 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-2022-JP"
- In-reply-to: <20020129172226.4EFC.DARRENJ@example.com>
At 17:22 02/01/29 +0900, Darren Cook wrote: >I'm planning a linux/samba file server (*) for a mixed network of >windows and Macs. Are there any issues I need to be aware of? Both the >Mac and Windows users will be using Japanese filenames some of the time. > >In particular the Mac users are complaining that the current NT file >server occasionally loses one of their files. I don't want that to be >happening with the new server. > >Darren > >*: Probably RH 7.2, with Japanese chosen as default language, if that >matters. I'm no specialist, but no one has replied so far... Assuming you run Netatalk, you need to use CAP encoding on Samba so that Mac can handle Japanese filenames. But you won't be able to read the filename on Linux instead... Again, I'm no specialist. Correct me if anyone knows. -- Coming Events 2002-01-27,28 $BBh(B1$B2s(B $BCNE*ET;T4pHW%7%s%]%8%&%`(B www.carc.aist.go.jp/icii/menu2.html 2002-01-30 $BEE;R<+<#BN%U%)!<%i%`(B -- # BABA Yoshihiko $BGO>lH~I'(B (Town Planner) [photo] home.dal.net/citywalker/citywalker.jpg # IT Project, Daido Information Technology, www.daido-it.co.jp, +81 (0)3 3316 8321 # Webmaster, Tokyo Linux Users Group, www.tlug.gr.jp, tlug.linux.or.jp
- [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- From: Darren Cook
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] iodata
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux file server for Macs?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links