Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- From: Jonathan Byrne <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:06:54 +0900
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-Reply-To: <3A1064AE.35B77369@example.com>; from email@example.com on Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:01:18PM -0500
- References: <20001113225919.T682@example.com> <3A1064AE.35B77369@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <11_Zr.A.XHF.wAJE6@example.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Beggy (email@example.com) wrote: > If you are interested, check out: > > http://www.kippona.net/ This is bad: Authoritative answers can be found from: kippona.net nameserver = NS.KIPPONA.COM kippona.net nameserver = NS2.KIPPONA.COM NS.KIPPONA.COM internet address = 188.8.131.52 NS2.KIPPONA.COM internet address = 184.108.40.206 Only two nameservers, which are probably on the same subnet (this could be configured to be on two different subnets with a little switch and router magic, but most of the time you see this, that isn't the case). No secondary DNS, either. And as Tom points out, they only have a single MX. That is bad. Very bad. I'd keep looking. If I were hosted there, I'd start looking. Anyone can have an outage at some point, but having so few eggs in such a small basket makes it more likely. Jonathan
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux
- Next by Date: Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux (another question)
- Prev by thread: Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- Next by thread: DSelect/base-passwd
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links