Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- From: "Thomas O'Dowd" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:04:09 +0900
- Content-Disposition: inline
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-Reply-To: <20001114222009.A6243@example.com>; from email@example.com on Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:20:09PM +0900
- References: <20001114094840.E682@example.com> <MABBIDMAKKBPLOLJGGBDEEDKCBAA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20001114222009.A6243@example.com>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <GkkVYD.A.40F.WQVE6@example.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.4i
On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:20:09PM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote: > Jack Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote: > > Jack> Look at www.csoft.net Thanks Jack. This looks interesting. Jonathan, have a look at the DNS for uwillsee.com hosted at namesdirect though. uwillsee.com preference = 10, mail exchanger = mercury.namesdirect.com uwillsee.com preference = 20, mail exchanger = maria.namesdirect.com uwillsee.com nameserver = ns1.namesdirect.com uwillsee.com nameserver = ns2.namesdirect.com mercury.namesdirect.com internet address = 184.108.40.206 maria.namesdirect.com internet address = 220.127.116.11 ns1.namesdirect.com internet address = 18.104.22.168 ns2.namesdirect.com internet address = 22.214.171.124 It looks good, 2 MXs, 2 NSs, primaries and backups on separate networks, but they still suck big time :( They don't seem to understand that you have to configure a secondary... Right now if the primary dies so does my email cause it gets rejected by the secondary. If they were doing it right it should work with this setup. As much as I try explaining it to them, I still bounce. Time to spend a little bit on it as you said. Cheers, Tom. -- Thomas O'Dowd Have you had your noop today? email@example.com http://www.nooper.com
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- Next by Date: Re: *BSD (another question, again)
- Prev by thread: Re: [OT] email forwarding?
- Next by thread: Re: [OT] email forwarding?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links