Re: tlug: again:a simple but annoying prob.

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Yong-Ming Hua wrote:

>  Hello,
>  Yong-Ming again
>
>     Dear Drago,
>  I meant 'to deliver to local mailbox by that name'!!!
>  I want to forward emails to me to somewhere AND at the same time
>  keep copies at \localhost. But this seems to be ignored by Turbolinux.

But then do not write the local name as a FQDN. It should be simply the
mailbox name. AFAIK sendmail doesn't do any alias expansion or domain
name stripping  on names in .forward starting with a \.

Thus to keep a copy and send one to hotmail I will put
\selva, selva@example.com
in .forward. Note that it is simplt \selva and not
\selva@example.com

Selva

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.