Re: tlug: "boot partition too big" while installing RH6.1j - part 2

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 04:40:29PM +0900, Hector Akamine wrote:
> Also, lilo wasn't installed (to boot linux I need to use the floppy).

Booting DOS (at least as far as your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files)
and using loadlin to load the kernel image off your DOS partition is
another alternative.  (loadlin.exe and lodlin16.tgz are available in
the /dosutils directory of your RedHat CD-ROM.)

Freshmeat tells me someone has even written a Windows GUI configuration tool
for loadlin, though I've not tried it:
http://www.linux-france.org/prj/winux/English/

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.