Re: [Lingo] Buy-in

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:04:37PM +0900, Nguyễn Vũ Hưng wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
> >
> > "resulting on"? That's not any English. Who wrote it?
> >
> > My guess is "buy-in" means "paid commitment". Not BrEng
>
> I saw it in here, which is written by a British, IMO.
>
> http://www.third-i-consulting.co.uk/public/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PMO-Book-V1-07-03-12.pdf

Ok, looking at the paragraph, I'd say in this case it means either acceptance (which is the more typical
usage), or participation.  It sounds a bit like corporate buzz speak where it can mean whatever they
want it to mean in this case--from context, it could mean either acceptance or participation.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6