Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:31:08 +0900
- From: "Keith Bawden" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 7/16/07, Niels Kobschätzki <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:On 7/16/07, CL <email@example.com> wrote:
I suggest you ask that question on firstname.lastname@example.org (http://tlug.jp) because this list is for language (as in "let's speak, read and write it")-related topics, usually not technically oriented (as in "how do i…") and I guess on the tlug-list are more members than here.
I agree the lingo list is mainly for non-technical issues related to languages.
Having said that. Unfortunately for you Xandros has been famous for not supporting languages other than English for as long as it has been around. Looks like German and French is now supported...
I tried it out once back in 2003 or 04 (I won a copy at a conference). After head butting xandros for over a week to try and get Japanese input working I dumped it and have never looked back. Therefore my knowledge on the subject may be very well out of date.
I'm not telling you to dump Xandros, but I could guarantee you that you would find more support and have more success with Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, Suse, Redhat, Fedora... actually pretty much most other Distributions I can think of :-)
 "Default system is not well localized. Xandros offers only 3 language alternatives: English, French and German. If you're not one of them, you're out of lack." SOURCE: http://polishlinux.org/choose/comparison?distro1=Xandros&distro2=Zenwalk
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links