Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:21:59 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- References: <4698D6B8.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 15/07/07, Jim Breen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 15/07/07, Josh Glover <email@example.com> wrote:
> Oh, tonnes--or "heaps and heaps", as Jim Breen would (presumably) say. ;)
Dunno why you'd presume that. "heaps and heaps" has a 1950s Britspeak feel to it.
Ah, I had only heard it from Aussies in the past, so I *assumed* (there go assumptions making me look foolish again) that it was a part of the Aussie vernacular.
Not a phrase I am given to using.
Well, there you have it from the horse's mouth. ;)
-- Cheers, Josh
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: Archives should now handle 日本語、English, и Бьлгарски / Русский
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] words with kanji in common
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links