Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:57:22 +0900
- From: "Josh Glover" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- References: <468592FC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4687C550.email@example.com>
On 02/07/07, steven smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
But part of what I did get was that both of you recommended "日本語基本文法辞典" and "日本語文法辞典―中級編", among other books.
Yes, I consider these books an indispensable part of a serious student's bookshelf. Another excellent book along the same lines is:
This book really helps out with deciding which nuanced or grammatical form is the most appropriate; viz. 「ったら」 vs. 「だと」 vs. 「〜えば」 a few mails back:
I was surprised to find both of these on Amazon.com as well as on Amazon.co.jp,
Well, they are targeted at English-speaking students of Japanese, so this is not too surprising.
but even more surprised to find I could order them off of Amazon.co.jp and have 'em shipped here for less than they cost from vendors on Amazon.com -- in one case as a used book.
This *does* surprise me!
Anyway, both received really solid reviews on Amazon as well as from you guys. Hopefully some day I'll actually get the time to use 'em.
Both books are great in that you can just open to a random page and read an entry here or there while you are waiting in line at the post office, riding the bus two stops, waiting for an especially long red light, etc. Random access is supported by the kernel. ;)
-- Cheers, Josh
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: Archives should now handle 日本語、English, и Бьлгарски / Русский
- Next by Date: Re: [Lingo] Re: Archives should now handle 日本語、English, и Бьлгарски / Русский
- Previous by thread: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
- Next by thread: Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links