RE: tlug: Why use Linux? (was: Caldera)

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Andrew Drapp wrote:

> Scott Stone made a statement which implied the joking paraphrase
> that I wrote.  I know that is not what he really meant, but I disagreed
> with the implication, so I restated his comment making in clearly
> wrong.  (He implied that if you do not compile your own binaries,
> you might as well be using Windows.)
>
> I am sorry that I was not clearer in my original email.

actually, I did mean that... I'm no longer a proponent of 'linux for the
masses'.  Linux, like all other UNIX, is for people who like to use
computers simply for the sake of doing so.  And it's also for servers.
It's not for your 6-year-old's PC in his bedroom.

It probably will be (Linux at least) with the current movements being put
forth by Redhat, Caldera, Corel, and TL (hey, that even rhymes), but I
don't really approve.

Basically I just don't want Linux being used by the same people who like
Leonardo DiCaprio, ok?? :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Systems (UNIX) and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company