Re: tlug: printer voodoo

    John> So it's likely that I've done something wrong.

Yes.  You're using Epson printers.  Sorry.  "Don't shoot me, I'm only
the piano player."

I tried a couple years back---directly asked the Ghostscript
maintainer.  No soap.  The ESC/P* drivers are user-maintained, there's
no demand for them from the paying customers, he doesn't have the
hardware, Epson will not provide the interface spec just for saying
"please."  (I haven't tried, I didn't need that printer so I just took
his word for it.)  I don't think anything much has changed since then.

Oh, for the days when every printer provided its command language
guide in a table in the back of the 14 page user guide.  Sigh.

I will be building a Ghostscript sometime next week, I'll take a look
at the driver and see if it's salvageable.  But IIRC it hasn't changed
in 4-5 years.