tlug: Sparc ramdisks

Dear all,

We have two identical Sparc SS5's here, one of which is our mail server.
We would like to set up the spare machine so that it is a hot mirror of
the first.  In order to get things going, I would like to dd the disk data
direct from one machine to the other.  On an Intel box, I know that I can
do this by building a kernel image and a root disk image, using "rdev" to
set the kernel to prompt for insertion of the root disk, uncompress the
root floppy contents to a ramdisk, and mount that as root.  Building the
floppies by hand is nice, because I can add stuff (like the "dd" command)
to the rescue floppy from my existing system.

Does anyone know if there a command similar to "rdev" for Sparc Linux?

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:30   place: Temple Univ.
* Linux Internationalisation Initiative (Li18nux) speaker: Akio Kido
* Japanese TrueType Fonts                     speaker: Adrian Havill
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai:  December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691