Re: tlug: pine, mutt, kterm and rxvt

Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 06:11:57PM +0900 において
Tony Laszlo さん曰く:

> I have installed MUTT and am very impressed
> with its flexibility. I got it to display
> GB and Big5 in their respective CXterm
> windows but - as my luck would have it -
> couldn't get it to display Japanese in
> Kterm (pine works but I get occasional mojibake).

To make it work properly, you need to apply a patch. Can't recall the
URL, but should be easy to find. I think there was even a link from
www.mutt.org. You also need a jp SLANG library, which I think is the
reason why you can't even read japanese.
This is caused by the fact that our Terminals use EUC as the charset
and E-Mail is sent ISO-2022-JP (JIS). EUC is mainly JIS (7-bit) with
the 8th bit set so it usually shows on terminals correctly if the chars
are let thourgh untouched.
--

        Oliver M. Bolzer
        oliver@example.com

PGP-Public-Key: http://www.forest.impress.co.jp/info/win-j/pgpkey.html
PGP-Fingerprint:   0A A5 48 FB FC 72 69 1A  7E 7F 08 34 48 14 C7 77
「僕がそれを必要としていた時、彼女の癒しの風が僕をやさしく包んでくれた」

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691