Re: tlug: General thanks ... oh, and a question

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Alberto Tomita wrote:

> Although it is not a technical subject any more, I'm posting
> this message because it's important that we clarify this:
>
>   TLUG did not break with PHT. It just happened that moving
>   the server to GOL was found to be better for us, and in
>   exchange we will recognize GOL as TLUG sponsor.
>
> I can't speak for Cliff, but I'm sure PHT will keep supporting
> TLUG in other ways. And TLUG members may have their own, personal
> opinions, but TLUG as a group does not favor any particular distribution.
> We have been supported not only by PHT (makers of TurboLinux), but
> also by RedHat (thru their LUG support program) and, in the past,
> by Caldera.
>
> Now, to your question:
>
> dave> But someone will still tell me where I can buy Turbo Linux, though, won't
> dave> they?
>
> The default answer is: Laser 5 (http://www.cdrom.co.jp), but there are
> many other places.

actually,  this is not true - Laser 5 is the one big distributor in Japan
that does NOT resell TurboLinux.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux English / Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc. (http://www.turbolinux.com)

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691