Re: tlug: General thanks ... oh, and a question

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> Oops. Pardon me while I remove this foot from my mouth...
> But someone will still tell me where I can buy Turbo Linux, though, won't
> they? Or was the PHT/TLUG break up messy, like my last relationship, where
> resentment seethes under the surface like a poison?

There has been no PHT/TLUG break-up, nor is there going to be one.  PHT
has done a lot for TLUG and we are very grateful for their assistance
and co-location of our server.  I'm sure that the good relationship we
have with PHT will continue, and we will continue to find the TLUG
library well-stocked with PHT products.

In moving the server, we are merely taking advantage of a generous offer
by the management of GOL to co-loc it on its own 128K feed, something
that PHT is not able to provide us with.  Also, since I work at GOL but
Scott has returned to PHT's U.S. offices, the co-loc at GOL will give us
more convenient access at times when server maintenance is necessary.

I suggest that further discussion of this topic be carried out privately
or on tlug-admin.  Preferably privately, since there is really nothing
to discuss on this point.

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691