Re: tlug: latex2html with Linux

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 07:20:44PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Dmytro> That's making me to believe it's a locking issue. If it is
>     Dmytro> so, is there any way to overcome it or at least are the
>     Dmytro> any information on it? Can I force locking in some way?
>
> OK, you may be right, then.  Locking on Linux is very complicated,
> since no one system is universally used and several systems are
> implemented along with emulations.
>
> You'd have to look through the latex2html code to get any idea of what
> might be wrong.  I have no idea what forcing locking would mean for
> latex2html.

Although (well, actually _because_) I don't know what I'm talking about, I
wonder whether this might be a suitable case to test using what my
neighbor, a control systems scientist from Bulgaria, fondly refers to as
"BHM", or Big Hammer Method.  If locking is handled differently in 2.0.x
and 2.2.x kernels, maybe it would be worth (recompiling Perl against the
new kernel sources and) rerunning the script?

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691