Re: tlug: latex2html with Linux

    Stephen> I don't know much about the internals of latex2html.  The
    Stephen> man page suggests that it will actually transform known
    Stephen> scripts on the fly to Unicode.  In any case, if it's not
    Stephen> working on KOI-8 (which is famously hard to use in
    Stephen> internationalized programs) but does work on other
    Stephen> scripts, there's presumably a coding problem.

    Stephen> What Mule does is to translate KOI-8 to ISO-8859-5, and
    Stephen> then translate that to Mule coding.  Is there any chance
    Stephen> you could translate to ISO-8859-5 (plus some kind of
    Stephen> special code for any missing character), and try
    Stephen> latex2html pretending that it's ISO-8859-1?

Well... I tried to pretend...

I converted all latex sources to 8859-5 and ran

latex2html -html_version 3.2,latin1

That's make no difference. Still the same multiple chapters cut in
parts and pieces ;(

That's making me to believe it's a locking issue. If it is so, is
there any way to overcome it or at least are the any information on
it? Can I force locking in some way?

As I wrote before - same latex2html works on SunOS with the same
text. That's suspicious...

- Dmytro

Dmytro Kovalev
Tokyo FI UNIX SA, Consultant
E-mail: dmytro.kovalev@example.com
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691