Re: tlug: 3Com 589 PC Card

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:

> Not necessarily, the config file mentioned in the previous
> messages is, as far as I remember, on one of the two extra
> install disks of TL (extrahw or supp).  Just mount the disk
> on a Linux box (I hope you have one :-) and edit the file
> with your favorite editor (in contrast to the "main" install

When you tell it to use PCMCIA, it calls the extra hardware disk
(hereafter known as exhw).  In that disk's top level directory are a
whole bunch of .o.gz files for various hardware (these are modules, I
guess?).  There is also a directory called pcmcia-modules/pcmcia that
contains a bunch more more .o files (not .gz), including one called
3c589_cs.o, but there aren't any ascii files anywhere, only binaries.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691