Re: tlug: ccp

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> dangerous, by the way.  only if the shared libraries are identical on the
> two systems is this safe

Sure, if you're doing this with something like mozilla that uses zillions
of shared libraries. My recommendation was for his gcc/egcs problem.
Even if he compiled egcs on a libc5 box, he'll still end up with a working
binary for his target box -- egcs uses ONE shared library (libc)[1], and
I've yet to see a fresh RH or TL install that didn't have HJ's
compatibility libraries around.

I think that's the first time I've seen you spread FUD ;)

-- Chris

[1] (for those pedantic souls [like me] out there) Yeah, it'll still try
    to use ld-linux.so.1 in this instance, that's fixed with a one-line
    change in the specs file.

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD