Re: tlug: Re: tlug-digest V1 #1090 - Pine

(I don't have the batbook with me right now, this is off-the-cuff)

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> When sending using a local sendmail, does that cause a return address
> that doesn't actually work (since your machine isn't registered on DNS
> on a dial-up connection) if the reply-to address isn't set?

Sure.  Using local sendmail on one of my home workstations, if I don't set
the proper domain in pine mail will have a return address of
wileyc@example.com, unless I use ...

> If so, what's the best work-around for this?

... a DM directive in /etc/sendmail.cf

DMsekiya.twics.co.jp

works for me.

-- Chris

Next Nomikai: 15 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD