Re: tlug: pnp

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Eric S. Standlee wrote:

> I have a Sony VAIO Desktop P166 which came with W95 loaded...

> I am trying to find the on-board modem which came with the machine.  I

If you have an onboard modem, it is most likely just a chip.  That's what's
usually meant by onboard.  I have an onboard SCSI controller in one of my
machines, and that's all it is: a SCSI controller on a chip, by AMD.  Not a
real speed burner, but it was a lot faster 3 years ago when this was a new
motherboard, I guess.

The machine I use at work has a modem-on-a-chip, and I could never get it to
talk to Linux.  Good thing I don't actually need to do dial-up with it :-)

Jonathan