Re: tlug: PCMCIA Network trouble (D-Link DE-660)

Frank Bennett <bennett@example.com> writes:

> Gee, Frank, sounds like you're having a pretty rough weekend.
> Maybe I can help you cut through the maze.

Thanks!  It's good to have friends at times like these.

> Healthy devices that go inexplicably dead are sometimes coming
> under the influence of an IRQ conflict.  Does your system report
> anything unusual in the IRQ's assigned to devices in the PCMCIA
> subsystem?

Now that you mention it, on normal bootup, the SoundBlaster
subsystem in the laptop uses IRQ 5, but when the laptop is booted
with an invocation of the initrd ramdisk and my "linuxrc" startup
file, the network card grabs IRQ 5.  Maybe this is the source of
the trouble, but ... what do I do now?

Thanks again for your help!  I really appreciate this.

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@