Re: tlug: Linux as Trade Mark?

Hello, everybody. My summer holidays have finished.

 As I have a home page <http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/linux>, I might be sued.

Stephen wrote:

> Yes, but this is difficult and expensive.  I do not know of a specific
> application that would hurt, but suppose Linus decided not to allow
> arbitrary peole to make "Linux" T-shirts (he would never do that, but
> this is the simplest example I can think of why there could be a
> problem).
 I feel Linux will wellcom "Linux" T-shirts. Adverisement is important
to promote Linux. How many times do you see 'Windows 98' on a commuter
train?

 I suppose 'Linux' has become a general word. So if any company tries to
own this, this request should not be accepted by authorities.

 Neary 10 years ago 'Unix' was a trade mark in Japan. So they can't use
'Unix' in Japan. Some audio company uses 'Unix' for their products.
Sony Techtronics uses 'Tnix' (which means 'Unix') to avoid trade mark
problems. After a couple of years 'Unix' is known as a name of OS rather
than audio machine. I don't know what occured relating to trade mark.

 Unfotunately PHT is now giving a bad impression.

Cheers,

Masa   Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>
<http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/linux>