tlug: interesting new server

I got this from "Internetweek" in my mail today:

Seems a bit expensive for a 100MHz pentium with 16 meg of ram and a 1.2gb
disk.  and only 16 meg for a SERVER?? ick.  Oh well, at least it's Linux
related.

-- cut here --

Servers Get Smaller and Cheaper

Technauts earlier this week introduced a dedicated server for
Web hosting and E-mail service that claims superfast
performance on hardware that would, in many other contexts,
be considered obsolete.

Technauts claims it can support 7 million hits per day on its
eServer 150, which has a 100 MHz Pentium processor with 16
MB of memory and 1.2 GB of storage, and which runs a
homebrew proprietary Web and E-mail server written in C,
on top of Linux. Available immediately, the system is priced at
$1,895, and includes a built-in 10BaseT Ethernet connection.

Itis designed for small businesses to set up an Internet site, and
for departments of large businesses for Internet, extranet or
intranet site hosting.

The unit measures eight inches square and about an inch thick.
By Mitch Wagner

http://pubs.cmpnet.com/internetwk/news/news081398-3.htm

-- cut here --

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)