Re: tlug: mouse movement (was: humour: Win98 source code)

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Jim Schweizer wrote:

>When the mouse slows or stalls can you hear the hard drive
>wizzing/swapping? The only time the mouse dies for me under

No, that's the really weird part.  Netscape is just a really ugly
critter and pretty much brings everything to its knees when a page is
put.

The bad ballistics are a separate matter, and always bug me.  Bumping
the speed of the mouse makes the cursor move faster, but it just doesn't
have the smoothness and nice feel of the one on Windows.  It's more
like a Mac mouse in that respect, and I don't care for Mac mouse
tracking, either.

It's always been this way on both of my machines that have Linux, with
every TurboLinux version from 1.0 through 2.0, and with Red Hat 5.0 when
I was using that.

Satori!  The mouse *has no ballistics* ! That's it!  I'm use to an
accellerated mouse cursor, but this one has completely 1:1 movement with
the mouse.  That's why no matter how much I bump the speed, it gets
faster but doesn't have that feel that I like.

Well, at least I have a really good handle on what I don't like about it
now, even if I can't do anything about it :-)

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>