Re: tlug: Hello, I'm a newbie and help!

    >> I use version 2.2.3 fairly regularly. 2.99.1 (-> 3.0 ) is out,
    >> and supposed to be lot better. It works with lesstiff or Motif.

    Manuel> Thanks for the tip, but to be honest, I am one of those
    Manuel> wired guys who are proud if they didn't touch the mouse
    Manuel> for a whole day.  In the end, a *big* Emacs window plus
    Manuel> two or three bash shells (possibly running as
    Manuel> sub-processes in Emacs) and a keyboard is the fastest way
    Manuel> to get things done.  Many windows and a mouse only slow
    Manuel> you down, especially when programming.

I find being able to display objects in the data window very useful. I
know you can do the same gdb, and with gdb in emacs, but its faster
for me to click on a some part of an object and have it bring up the
details, than it for me to type a long string of member names. It may
be because I am a slow typist. :)

Having said all that, I have not taken a look at gdb under emacs in
quite some time, so maybe I should have another look. I do just about
everything else in emacs :)

Andy
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691