Re: FSF Emacs 20.x [was Re: tlug: Intimidation? [was: Office suite for use under Linux]

> This choosing process is intractable.
> I like something like Japanese describing language which uses only ascii
> to dscribe Japanese.
Yes. That would be fine. But difficult. In fact others do it the
selection way as well, i. e. ATOK ( the stuff Ichitaro is using ).
The problem is the huge amount of homonymes in Japanese.
> Or spontaneous OCR which  reads from Joystick, or ten key pad.
Doesn't work reliably yet. Maybe in 10 years.

Let's face it: Kanji ARE a complex writing system - a LOT more
complex than alphabetic writing systems. Many of the problems
addressed require technology that isn't simply available yet.

Until we have the required technologies, we have to makeshift
with the technology at hand, and this means (often unpleasant)
compromises.

                           Karl-Max Wagner
                           karlmax@example.com
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: