Re: tlug: TurboLinux on TLUG server

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, joem wrote:

> > Speaking of which, I'd really like to install TurboLinux on the TLUG
> > server, for the publicity and for the 'real world testing' that it would
> > imply.  There'd still be plenty of config/setup to do.  You could either
> > use the TurboLinux config utilities or do it by hand.
>
> My own opinion is that it makes sense for us to use TurboLinux if Scott
> is going to be working on the machine.  As long as PHT has no problem
> with us mirroring other distributions like Debian or RedHat on the future
> TLUG server, using TurboLinux and discretely advertising it should be no
> problem.

I have no problem.  ftp.pht.com (aka ftp.turbolinux.com) also mirrors
redhat :)

I think it'd be best to copy files from CDs over there first and then
mirror the changes - mirroring the whole thing would eat a *lot* of
bandwidth.

Until we get our bandwidth here increased, no FTP stuff will be done from
the server (web is okay).  We're getting more bandwidth very soon, though,
I promise!

(well, maybe SOME ftp with the current bandwidth, but not very much..) we
only have a 128K leased line right now.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: