Re: tlug: The juman indexing program

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>

    Andy> I found juman3.11.tar.gz dated Dec 5, 1996. at
    Andy> ftp://pine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/juman/, but the link is
    Andy> too slow, it keeps timing out. I'll try later.

    Andy> I found this via:

    Andy> 	http://pine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp/nltools/

    Andy> Looks like there may be other interesting stuff as well, but
    Andy> it pushing my Japanese a bit. :)

For what it is worth, this is temporarily (I'm running out of space on
my Web partition because everything I've downloaded for Linux is still
there; I'm going to have to do some pruning, and jumanji may have to
go :-) available at

file://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/pub/linux/packages/Japanese/juman3.11.tar.gz

You may or may not find this of any use whatsoever.  If you can stand
a little obscenity, here's why.  Here's what ncftp told me about the
transfer:

juman3.11.tar.gz:  3249087 bytes received in 36.08 seconds, 87.93 kB/s.
Given your experience with the other .ac.jp site, you'll probably time
out at my site too.

:-(  "Japanese Internet" :-P is an oxymoron.  )-:

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi