Re: tlug: Wnn

tlug note from Dennis McMurchy <denismcm@example.com>
On Mon, 12 May 1997, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

> Could someone please tell me what the current version of Wnn is? I've
> been trying to complile up 4.2 without much luck. I found a reference
> to Wnn6 at ftp.wg.omron.co.jp/pub/Wnn/, but it looks like they have
> made it into a commercial product.

  Yeah, Steve is right.  It's a commercial product.  I can't remember
now if Wnn 4.2 Japanese compiled Ok or not on my machine, but Wnn4.2
Japanese binaries are in the Slackware 3.1 JE set.  I have successfully
compiled and run the Wnn 4.2 Chinese stuff, so that is possible at least.
I haven't tried the Korean stuff at all.

  Most Linux books in the vernacular seem very Canna-oriented.  I'm not
sure why.  Does anyone know?  Anyone seen good comparison of Wnn vs.
Canna.  I remember Steve saying he thought Wnn was a memory hog.

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka