Re: Apache Errors

Hi all,

>    Jim> This is from the errors_log:
>    Jim>   [Mon Sep 23 18:11:18 1996] access to
>    Jim>     /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/imagemap failed for wormhole,
>    Jim>     reason: Premature end of script headers
>
>    Jim> And the access_log:
>    Jim> wormhole:/usr/local/etc/httpd/logs# more access_log
>    Jim>   wormhole - - [23/Sep/1996:18:11:19 +0900]
>    Jim>     "GET /cgi-bin/imagemap/map1.map?128,17 1 HTTP/1.0" 500 -
>
>This looks to me like the kind of error you'd get if there were two
>components to the system, an image-reading script (called
>$HTTPD_HOME/cgi-bin/imagemap under NCSA HTTPd's sample implementation)

Since Apache didn't come with an imagemap file I used the 'old' NCSA one. Do
I have to use one compiled just for Apache?

>and a map file (called imagemap.conf under NCSA HTTPd's sample
>implementation).

As far as I can 'find' imagemap.conf doesn't exist on wormhole.

>You could also get this kind of error if you have a
>version mismatch so that the (presumably) old version of the imagemap
>script (script? the NCSA version is a C program) is failing to send
>headers required by the new version.

There's only ever been one imagemap file.

>    Jim> Also, in the bottom left of Netscape's screen it doesn't show
>    Jim> the coordinates, j ust the name of the file.
>
>But you do get this with other imagemaps?

Oooopss, sorry - that was my alter-windoze self expecting Netscape to act
the same way across platforms. Imagemaps work fine when I'm on-line but
don't show the coordinates.

When I click on the local imagemap I get:

Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact blah blah blah.

I thought I followed Apache's set-up instructions to a T, but I've missed
something somewhere and it's buggin' the **** out of me.

Oh well , back to work (I love 3 day weekends.....but I hate Tuesdays)

Jim S.