Re: Adaptec's mailer

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.960314221812.16779A-100000@example.com>,
> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote:
> >Hmmm....  Jim T said something about Ted's headers confusing some
> >mail user agents, I thoughthe mentioned Pine.  So I thought I'd check it
> >out.
> >
> >First, Pine doesn't seem to have a problem with Ted's mail.  I'm using
> >Pine to reply to this mail of his.  (Painful, too, ESC-b doesn't work at
> >all. :-)
>
> Ah.  Must be another configuration problem with Shrine's mailer.
>
>   PINE 3.91   FOLDER INDEX                   Folder: INBOX  Message 1 of 8 NEW
>
>     N 1   Mar 15 Stephen J. Turnbul  (2,835) Re: disk problems
>     N 2   Mar 14 James Mayfield      (2,828) Re: FBB 5.15c help
>     N 3          [ No Message Text Available ]
>     N 4   Mar 15 root                  (745)
>
> When I see this, I know there is mail from Ted.  :-)
>
> uqwk also doesn't see the header, so when YARN's message filtering
> happens, the messages don't get filtered to the tlug folder.  Perhaps
> I will look through my mailbox file and try to figure out why Shrine's
> mail agent decides to insert a blank line before his headers.
>
> Thanks for correcting where I should be looking.
>
> Jim

This problem happens with other mail readers as well.  When,
after installing Linux I started using pine I thought that the
blank headers were due to some configuration error.  However,
the mail from Ted has exactely the same problem when I read the
mail with pine (from Linux) or Netscape 2.0 (from Windows NT).

--
// Antonio J. Barros <barros@example.com>
PGP Key fingerprint =  BC 65 0B E6 48 48 AE 95  51 1D 7C D3 0F E4 A6 D7