Re: [tlug] micro sdhc card recovery

Does it just not mount, or is in not populated in /dev at all? If the former, then the dd tools should still work. If the latter, then the contacts are the only "trick" I can think of at the moment. But trying other readers can have similar successes as the combination of wear and oxidation on the reader and the card can often match up differently enough to have fairly arbitrary "working" and "non-working" sets of readers and cards. So if you really care about the data, I'd say first buy a new high quality reader and then try the (light) application of sandpaper or similar (just gouging the surface with something sharp might be enough).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index