Re: [tlug] Ubuntu- Workspaces

Hello Jim,

I don't use this feature but in this kind of situation I often try from a clean slate - would it be possible to create another user and log in as that?

If that helps, it would confirm my suspicion that some configuration file (files/directories that start with the letter dot) under /home/yourname has gone awry, likely during the software update.

(Just a few days ago, I had to delete all such files and directories for Google Chrome because Japanese input was not working...  Right after I deleted them, it started to work😄)

-Yasu

> On Sep 9, 2023, at 09:11, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I hope someone can help me with a smallish issue that has cropped up.
> I use multiple workspaces on my Ubuntu Mate (20.04) system, and I've
> always changed between them by clicking on the workspace boxes in the
> panel I keep at the bottom of the screen.
>
> A couple of days ago there was some sort of a screw-up during a
> software update, and as a result, the panel contents vanished. I was
> able to revive all the app/window thumbnails, and I can still move
> between workspaces using Ctrll+Alt+L/R, but I can't work out how to
> get the workspace boxes back. Nothing in all the settings/config menus
> mentions them. Clearly, something got disabled/turned off.
>
> It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to get them back. Any
> suggestions would be most welcome.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Jim Breen
> Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University
> http://www.jimbreen.org/
> http://nihongo.monash.edu/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index